Around 450 individual post-it slips gave an idea of the positive views, concerns and suggestions of those present at the initial meeting, covering eight provided categories, such as: Crime and Community Safety, Environment, and Road traffic & transport.
On the plus side, the village is seen as having “the basics” – such as a village hall and school; services and activities, such as the newsletter and the new lunch club for older people; and it is an attractive village. There were more specific concerns and suggestions, the more frequently mentioned examples including:
- Provide safe pavements & footpaths
- Improve traffic calming
- Improve reliability of public transport
- Improve pothole repair
- Improve broadband coverage
- Provide a pre-school group
- Volunteers to remove litter
- Organise volunteer cars for the elderly and unwell
- Affordable housing for young people
- Smaller housing units for single people
- Activities for younger people
- Provide playground in lower village
- More opportunities for adult recreation
As a result of these, we have already organized a Litter-Pick Sunday. However these are only the ideas of those present – who did not represent older people or young families, for example – what do you want?